- The meteorologists at Weatherpark regularly put their know how into service for research projects. Weatherpark has now been officially certified as research institution by Austria’s Federal Ministry for the Interior.
- Weatherpark is significantly involved in two new research projects on the subject of urban climate.
Learn more about “CLUDEX” and “LiLa4Green”
- Read this interesting reference: for the Marximum building in Vienna, Weatherpark advised the clients regarding control of sun protection devices and positioning of wind sensors.
Reference Marximum Vienna
- Austrian Society for Sustainable Real Estate (ÖGNI) expands Real Estate Certification to include human and wind comfort
Read more about the new checklist
- Read our new reference “Monte Laa in Vienna” and find out how measuring and analysis of wind speeds and the development of necessary measures ensure pleasant wind comfort in the entrance areas and more.
Reference “Monte Laa in Vienna”
- Trees and other plants are of great importance for large cities, and can play a role which goes far beyond that of visual enrichment alone. Learn more about the significance of roadside trees and find out some related data for Vienna.
- Read our new reference “Austrian Post at St. Rochus square” and find out, how measuring and analysis of wind speeds at facades help you to select suitable blinds.
Reference “Austrian Post at St. Rochus square”
- „Green infrastructure“ is under way! – and was analyzed at the „1st European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference“ in Vienna
The most interesting starting points
- Weatherpark participated in the development of a strategy against climate change for The Austrian Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management: Details
- New references on our website: Austrian Post at St. Rochus square, Donaumarina Vienna, Citygate, Gate 2 Vienna, North Railway Station Vienna
- „The spirit of Malente“ inspired landscape architects and Weatherpark: lively exchange of know-how at the „Malenter Runde“ 2015.
Landscape architects and meteorology
- Matthias Ratheiser, executive director of Weatherpark, reports from the international urban climate conference in Toulouse: Follow the latest developments
- 10 years ago, Weatherpark was founded! From wind comfort specialist to expert for urban climatology and microclimate. Brief review
- More importance attached to wind action in the new concept for high-rise buildings in Vienna’s urban development plan STEP 2025: read more
- Simon Tschannett on Na Servus – das Wetter auf ServusTV with the TV-programme
“Modern urban planning – It’s about the weather, too” (in German)
- Roadshow in Germany in Autumn 2014
- Interview in “Na Servus – das Wetter auf ServusTV” (March 9th, 2014, in German)
- In spring 2014 Weatherpark’s specialists gave lectures at the Vienna adult education centers: The earth’s atmosphere and its climate and climate change: spectre or real threat?
- Interview in “meinWetter.tv” (Februar 28th, 2014, in German)
- Interview in Austrian Broadcasting Corporation’s Ö1-Mittagsjournal (in German)
- ÖGNI Blog contribution by Weatherpark (in German): “Hot Cities in Climate Change”
- Nomination for Mingo Award
- Informative meeting Central Railway Station Vienna